Hey everyone! No major news, just thought it had been a while. I'm actually nursing a cold at the moment, and hoping it'll go away quickly, within the next couple of days! I've been kind of low key this last week or so. Over the weekend Kelsey and I stayed in town and went to Piazza Altieri, an old Renaissance noble residence. It was absolutely gorgeous, though I wasn't allowed to take any pictures. Oh, and I bought boots! They're gorgeous, and not TOO expensive...lol. No, they honestly are necessary. I didn't realize how cold it would get so quickly! They're amazingly warm and comfortable and go with everything. So you can't go wrong, right?
I'm fully into my internship now! I just helped with a proposal for a project in Egypt to create programs that will assist youths in Cairo slums to rehabilitate themselves for the future and take advantage of job opportunities. Whew. But anyway, it's interesting work, though a little tedious sometimes. It just involves a lot of writing of sections for applications and proofreading my colleagues' portions. I'm glad to be of help, but I'm glad it's finished now because it's been kind of stressful. There's an awesome kitten at the office though. She's so cute! Her name is Frattini (named after a government official, lol. I guess kind of an insult), and they call her Fratt or Fratti. She's the friskiest cat I've ever seen, without a doubt. She never stops moving! Today she was playing with her own shadow. It was hilarious, the kitten jumping twice her height and pouncing on nothing. But anyway, enough about the cat.
As much as I've been complaining about not going anywhere yet, I'm about to be busy! Next weekend I'm going to Ireland with Sara and then the weekend after is fall break. Kelsey and I are flying to Geneva, Switzerland, going to a few towns there, and going to Germany and flying out of Munich! I'm so excited. Germany! I never thought I'd go there. I'll be gone for a week, and then a week after we get back, I'm supposed to go to Florence, and then to Naples the week after that. So I think I'll try my best to relax and enjoy the weekend...
Well, I'm off to bed! Trying to beat this cold, you know. Stay bundled up, everyone! Stupid fall colds...
08 October, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! An update! It's getting pretty cold here, too. New England is pretty chilly. I splurged on a new winter coat yesterday that was absolutely necessary as well. :)
Post a Comment