29 April, 2009

Procrastinating, and a scant bit of an update


Oh my gosh guys, I'm so behind!  It's 11.30 Wednesday night and I'm trying to write a philosophy paper (I procrastinated for literally half a day...I watched videos and planned my aunt's trip out here), but I thought, while my brain cools, I'd let everyone know I'm alive!  Lol.  I haven't written anything about spring break - which was awesome! - or my weekend in London - stressful, but still good - but I'm working on it.  I've just been really busy, as I got back April 19 from Prague (the 4th stop on my break- after Brussels, Bruges and Amsterdam) and realized I was leaving for London in four days and hadn't planned a single thing.  Now I'm writing papers and doing crazy amounts of homework and eating yet MORE Easter candy (thanks guys!!) and realizing how very close my departure is!  26 days, people.  It's really amazing just how fast the time has gone, you know?  Like, I haven't seen my parents and siblings in about 4 months, but I feel like it's just been a few weeks, and I haven't seen my extended family in about 8 months, but it feels like I've just been at school for a month or so during the semester, like normal.  I think maybe it'll hit me more once I see everyone and everything again at home.  Which I can't wait to do!  

While we all wait - I sound like an event host, haha - here are a few pictures from spring break!  

This is over a canal in Bruges - very cute city, though luckily I found someone to hang out with, since I think I would have run out of things to do on my own.  Ingrid and I actually rented bikes our second morning and rode 18 kilometers from Bruges to the Belgian sea!  It was really cool, though it was cold and we only spent a little while there.  We made it though!


I have 100 photos of the Keukenhoff Gardens outside Amsterdam in Lisse (I love the name of the town; it reminds me of Alissa's name), but I think this one shows a little bit how almost overwhelming it was.  Everywhere I looked it was stunning, and I didn't want to stop looking for a moment in case I forgot something.  


While I was uploading and editing these photos, my roommate Caroline kept going on about what an amazing camera I had (that, tragically, was lost in Prague- sniff.  more on that later), but my response was that - besides my amazing abilities - I think it's just about impossible to take a bad picture there.  I mean, unless you took a photo of just like, a stone.  But then the stone would probably be so clean and reflective you'd even be impressed with the image!


Okay, I'm having a hard time stopping with the photos.


Okay, I really can't.  Look how pretty!


Okay, this isn't as impressive, but Mom requested a photo of me with the photos, so I figured I'd better comply.  Anyway, ciao, everyone!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, the pictures are incredible! Especially the one with your beautiful body!