30 November, 2008

Ringraziemento all'italiano

Oh, and I didn't mention it before, but we had a Thanksgiving party here in Rome! My host mom, Sabrina, decided to throw it (she loves parties) because of Kelsey and I. We had the most traditional meal I've ever seen (I'd never even seen half the stuff. And people kept asking me about protocol and eating it and such.). Some friends from IES came, Grace and Arturo, and my friend Sara Burnworth from home came. And half of Rome, it seemed like. All the boys' friends, and Sabrina's and Arturo's (host dad) friends. Then all the Americans had to make a speech about Rome and what they're thankful for. Our poor guests had not been informed of this, but they did a bang-up job! Kelsey's speech kind of made me cry, while at the same time took all the stuff I wanted to say! So I just said it again. Lol. Oh, and I discovered that I like pumpkin pie! I ate my first piece last Thursday. I still miss pecan pie, though... Kelsey and I decided to make one. I just can't go another whole year without it! Sob!

We're getting down to the clock now! Three weeks til I'm done with classes, and 23 days until I meet the family in London!

Oh, and the title means Thanksgiving Italian Style, and is a pun off a film called Divorzio all'italiano, or Divorce Italian Style. Great film. Morbidly funny, lol. Love you all!

No comments: